Despite its age, the Samsung Galaxy S2 is still a superb device; many of its owners (some of us in the office, included) are still using them to this day! However, as much as we love the device, there are many limitations that the Samsung Galaxy S2 face. This is where rooting can help.
By rooting your Samsung Galaxy S2, you will be able to get maximum control over it; this means you will be able to do more with it than you already now. You will be able to tether your device wirelessly, speed its performance with overclocking or customise the user interface to add more pizzazz!
Need a little bit more convincing? Here are a few more benefits of rooting your Samsung Galaxy S2:
- Android has many super powers—photosphere, power-up your hardware, install exclusive features etc.—all you need to do is unlock them with rooting.
- Automates your phone with Tasker; you can do this even without rooting but a rooted device will make Tasker an even more powerful app.
- Block annoying ads without purchasing upgrades in your apps—never again will you need to wait until the video ad ends before resuming your game of Ramsay Dash.
- Uninstall pre-installed software that you do not use (seriously, who stores music on their devices anymore now that streaming apps make it more convenient?).
- Fix bugs in your operating system (this is only reserved to the most tech savvy, do not do this yourself).
- If you are on your way to become a great device architect, rooting your old Samsung Galaxy S2 would serve you well because once rooted, you will have free reign over the device.
This may sound intimidating for someone with no luck with tech but with the right tools, you too can unlock your device and we are here to show you how.
Before you start, it is important to understand that by rooting your Samsung S2, you will gain administrative rights to the operating system. This is why the road to a complete rooted device can be a long and arduous one—making your device vulnerable to damages and data loss.
Therefore, before anything else, we cannot stress how important it is to backup your data before doing a root Samsung S2. You will also need to make sure that your computer is able to withstand the whole process in terms of processing capabilities and battery life.
To prove to you that using this is fool proof, here is literally what you should do when you get this software:
Step 1: Connect your Samsung Galaxy S2 to your computer
Launch the Wondershare dr.fone toolkit one you have installed it on your computer. You will see a list of tools that come with the software—click on Root.
Using your USB cable, connect your Samsung Galaxy S2 to your computer. The software should be able to detect or recognise your device automatically. A pop-up message will appear if your Samsung Galaxy S2 runs on Android 4.2.2 or above—tap on the OK button to start USB debugging on your Samsung Galaxy S2.
Step 2: Start rooting your Samsung Galaxy S2
To start the rooting process, click on the Start button on the dr.fone toolkit on your computer. This will prompt the software to find the best method to root your Samsung Galaxy S2 (this is the part that would be most arduous if you are doing it manually)—this process will take a few minutes.
Once it has detected the best route to root Samsung S2 for you, a Root Now button will appear and enabled. Click on it to start the rooting process.
A pop-up message will appear to ask you an important question. It will ask you if you are sure that you want to root Galaxy 2 during that time. To confirm, tap on Confirm and make sure that the connection remains to avoid bricking.This will take a while so make yourself comfortable. You will see the screen below once it is done.