Samsung Galaxy S6 is a beautiful and powerful device with impressive specifications and features. It also has an awesome camera along with a heart rate sensor and improved fingerprint scanner. Although, the Samsung Galaxy S6 comes fully loaded with remarkable features and options, many of its users still prefer rooting their device for additional functions and control which is similar to jail breaking an iPhone. Rooting a mobile phone, helps in overcoming its limitations and gives users control over the phone’s system. The process of rooting Android is a process that smartphones users make use of to have better control over their device and helps in removing third party obstructing softwares. Regardless of what your intent is in rooting your device, gaining access to root is the first step.
Now, if you ask why root Samsung Phones? Like other phones, Samsung S6 and S6 Edge also have pre-installed apps and services. Some of these apps are useless and you want them out of your phone, however, the phone may not allow you to do so, hence rooting helps. Also, at times, you may want to recover deleted SMS or deleted photos on Android using third party recovery tools, but in order to do that, you would require to root your phone first.
In this article we will primarily focus on the complete process and steps to be followed in the method of rooting a Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 edge.
Today, we will discuss the one-click rooting process provided by drfone.wondershare – Android Root.
Here is the pre-check list for rooting Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge:
• Please make sure that you back-up all your data before starting the root process since rooting can very well mean erasing data.
• Make sure that your Samsung Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge is fully charged, that is at least 85% before starting the rooting process. This is necessary to ensure that the process starts and finishes smoothly without any issues.
• Install the latest USB driver if you are getting with rooting using your computer.
• Go to Settings>About Phone>Build number>Tap 7 times to enable USB debugging and become a developer on your Samsung device.
Once you are ready and have followed the entire check list above, you are ready for the rooting process.
Here are the steps to root your Samsung Galaxy S6 with Android Root:
Step1 : First of all, connecting your Samsung Galaxy S6/Edge – Once you have downloaded and installed dr.fone wondershare – Android root, launch the dr.fone toolkit on your computer and click on root.
You will have to use a USB cable to connect your Samsung Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge device to the computer. In case your Android version is 4.2.2 or above, a pop-up message will appear on your phone screen. Simply, click on OK to continue. This will allow the device to USB debugging. Once done, dr.fone toolkit will automatically recognize your device and connect your phone to continue the process.
Step 2: This is the second step to rooting and is to detect and start root of the phone.
Once your Samsung Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge is connected, click on the Start button that will appear on dr.fone toolkit. The dr.fone program now will automatically detect and find a way itself to root your Samsung Galaxy smartphone. This will take a few moments depending on the device, so wait patiently and do not disconnect the device under any circumstances. The phone may also restart a couple of times during this process.
Now, that your Samsung Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge is completely ready to be rooted, click on Root Now to start the process.
During this process, a message pop-up would appear which would seek your permission to allow rooting. Click on confirm to continue and in a few minutes your Samsung Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge will be successfully rooted.
Great, congratulations, you have now successfully rooted your mobile device. Wasn’t it a simple cake walk?
1. You will have complete control over your Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge and be able to manage system files and apllications.
2. Free your Galaxy S6/Edge of all the clutter by removing the unwanted applications.
3. You can now unlock and even delete the stubborn files directly of your phone.
4. Vastly improve the security of your Samsung Galaxy S6/Edge by erasing all Trojan files and viruses.
5. You can now use third party software to recover lost data like SMS and photos on your Galaxy S6 and Edge.
6. Faster performance and improved response.
7. You can now install custom ROMs and also customised user interface.
8. Rooting gives a one click stop to block the ads which appear on the downloaded apps.
So, these were the long list of benefits that you can get on your Samsung Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge after rooting.
Rooting can definitely change the way you use your Samsung Galaxy S6 and Edge phones. It will give you access to deepest levels of the Samsung operating system so that you can use the phone without any restrictions, in short making you the sole administrator. So, are you ready to root your Samsung Galaxy S6/Edge yet? If yes, prepare well in advance and follow the steps carefully to get best out the rooting process on your mobile phone.